24 June 2020
A global youth-led research initiative
What is the research about?
Five themes were selected to define the overall scope of investigations: well-being, learning, use of technology, human rights and youth action. A global survey was conducted to determine, within this framework, the key issues of concern for young people.
How can you be involved in the research?
Young people can be involved in a number of ways:
- Our project team includes young people from NUIG, PSU, UNESCO and our partners including five young people who are part of the Steering Committee
- Be part of a research teams with up to 10 young people who will work together to design and conduct the research
- Other young people will be research participants, responding to surveys, participating in interviews and focus groups
- Young people will be able to be reviewers of the research, an important step before publication of the results
- And finally, young people will be included in the evaluation at the end of the project
We will provide on-going support to help the participants work through each stage of the research process from design to publishing results, including how to deal with problems, roadblocks and anything else that arises.
There is no fee for being involved in this project and all participation is voluntary and unremunerated. You don’t need prior research experience as training to do the research will be provided. Researchers will receive training, certificates and be part of publishing the research.
We are seeking applications for young people who want to be part of research teams and meet the following criteria:
- Aged 18-35 years
- Previous research experience, as part of a previous Youth As Researchers project, through your university studies or through volunteer work with an NGO, or an interest in learning about and conducting research
- Have internet access
- Willing to commit up to 10 hours per week from July to October (tentative)
- Have an interest in development issues
- Work efficiently in English or French (other languages may be added)
If you are interested please complete the online application or send the completed form to email@example.com
A panel of the partners and youth will review the applications and propose the research teams. Every effort will be made to match you into a team but spaces will be limited.
Applications close 1 July 2020.