17 May 2017
UNESCO developed training module on Media and Information Literacy in Kazakh language, as a content of the Android application of the "Voice of Kyzylorda" to improve knowledge and information literacy skills of citizens of 12 villages in Kyzylorda oblast.
In this regard, UNESCO Almaty Cluster Office, in cooperation with Minber Public Fund, organized two-day training workshop from 17 to 18 May 2017 in Kyzylorda, Kazakhstan.
The workshop agenda includes the following topics:
- Influence of media literacy on community;
- New Media Tools: Social Networks;
- Rules and tips for social networkers;
- Introduce the peculiarities of content creation with mobile application “Voice of Kyzylorda”;
- Social media content as a community media outlet;
- Engaging audiences into Community Multimedia Centre, principles of involvement of community volunteers;
- Communication strategies.
The application can be downloaded here.
Permanent link: http://en.unesco.kz/training-on-media-and-information-literacy-of-rural-librarians-in-kyzylorda